Public Affairs Intern (Ann Arbor, MI)
Public Affairs Intern
Hire Term and Hours:
Late January-May (mutually agreed upon) 20 hours a week
Gridiron Leaders Foundation, Inc is located at 524 S. Main #100 Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Description of Responsibilities:
The intern will assist GLF with public relations and marketing, helping to increase the impact and visibility of the foundation and its programs. Duties for the position include an array of writing, non-profit marketing, and researching tasks described below. Gridiron Leaders Foundation’s goal is to instill the basic understanding of cross-cultural communication and public relations in its interns. We hope it is a beneficial relationship for both parties.
1. Assist with proofreading written materials for style, grammar, etc.
2. Assist with research for articles and metrics for measuring foundation’s impact
3. Assist with writing advertisements for GLF programs
4. Assist with program outreach to new donor groups
5. Assist with editing and managing GLF’s monthly newsletter
6. Assist with building and maintaining relations with industry partners and media
7. Assist with social media and marketing schedules and timelines
8. Assist with organizing press events and media opportunities
9. Assist with basic office tasks, including answering phone, printing errands, etc.
1. Report to GLF’s Ann Arbor office two to three times a week.
2. Promptly reply to email and attend teleconferences with team members in China
3. Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
4. Ability to utilize Microsoft word, excel, Mail Chimp, and CSR programs
Communications, sport management and Mandarin fluency are a bonus.
Please forward CV or resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. GLF administrators will contact all applicants directly for an interview.