Step 1:Check the list of University Partners to see if your school is currently an approved partner. Otherwise, contact GLF for further information.
Step 2:Complete the application, reference requirements, and all other required documentation.
Step 3:Turn in your completed application to your faculty athletic representative or GLF-designated university representative.
Step 5:Final decisions will be issued before March 15th 2016.
2015 Deadline: March 15th
The GLF application form should be filled out in entirety before the March 15th, 2015 deadline for those applying in the 2014 calendar year. The application must also include an undergraduate transcript, two passport photos, and three recommendations.
Following a first found of application evaluations, program staff will schedule interviews with nominees in March and April in person, via Skype, or via telephone. On or before May 1st, all 2016 fellows will be notified and program staff will begin to finalize team and work placements in China. In June, GLF will host a program orientation in Shanghai to begin preparing fellows for arrival in their host city.
Application Document Instruction
1. Gridiron Leaders Fellowship Application Form. Please use the application form provided. Do not attach a separate resume. Use the two-page Personal Statement to discuss (a) long-term career interests, and the applicant’s initiatives in professional development; (b) applicant’s understanding of leadership; and (c) reasons for applying to the GLF Fellowship Program. Please be sure to complete the Contact Information form with as much detail as possible to facilitate the scheduling of interviews. Applicants should submit application documents in electronic form to their FAR or International Programs Office.
2. FAR or International Programs Office Nomination. Please provide a formal nomination letter from either office.
3. College Transcripts. Please provide all post-high school academic records.
4. Three Letters of Recommendation. Letters should be signed and represent a range of coaches, professors, and community service references.
5. Two Photos. Applicant must provide two (2) recent passport-size photos.